Sunday, July 20, 2008

We made it!!

We spent the past week at McGregor's Children's Camp. Let's just same I'm glad we're home. The camp, in and of itself, was fun. The things that happened surrounding the camp, not so fun. I will begin by saying we got a blow out on I-75 going about 70mph or so. Gerald handled the van so well and got us safely off the road. Then the fun began. It took about an hour or more to get the tire changed. It was blazing hot and I had the boys on the side of the road. About ten police cars drove by and nobody stopped. A tow truck stopped and helped Gerald get the spare off. Apparently someone thought it was a good idea to put spare tires under cars. Anyhow, the blow out tore up our bumper and the panel behind the tire. Luckily our insurance covers the ordeal minus our deductible. Well, we made it to the rental place and we got a rental car for the week. Then the next day the rental car had a flat. I'm not joking. At this point you just have to laugh or else you'll say or doing something you shouldn't! So, we got that changed and got another rental car. We made it safely through the rest of the week. As we were packing our car to leave camp Gavin fell out of his stroller and bit his tongue. Blood was just gushing out of his mouth. I didn't know if he had broken a tooth or what. We had a nurse on campus and she checked him out. Even though it was traumatic for him they don't do anything for the tongue and it heals quickly so the poor little guy. I just gave him some Tylenol and we were on our way. Needless to say, we're glad to be home.

Besides all the drama of the week, it was a good week. Gavin added Amen to his vocabulary. Miles loved being at camp and seeing his Daddy sing. Gavin and Miles are increasingly becoming better playmates. You will see from some of the photos below. It is so much fun. I pray they will be close as they grow up.

The boys napped together at camp. I couldn't resist taking this picture even though I was afraid I was going to wake the boys up.

Playing with Daddy.

Gavin is playing in the cabinets! I often call him my little rascal because he is into everything.


The boys were taking turns pushing each other on the truck. Love these moments!!

1 comment:

The Hartzog's said...

Okay, that's just crazy!! I'm sorry ya'll had all the mishaps. Glad everyone is okay and safe!! Talk to you soon!