Sunday, December 14, 2008

Miles turns 4!

Miles has been anticipating his birthday since January. We were in Publix last January and he saw a spiderman cake. He decided then he was having a spiderman party and has talked about it for a year. Needless to say, we had a spiderman party. We had his party at a park in town. Typically it is in the upper 70's maybe the low 80's this time of year. We woke up that day to the mid 40's. Figures, right? It turned out great. We wore long sleeves and coats and by lunch time we were able to shed the coats. Miles had a great time. I can't believe he's four.

As always he is saying humorus things. Maggie was helping Miles into his carseat and was trying to figure out his seat belt. Not having kids herself, this can be a difficult thing. I ended up finishing the task and Miles said "Maggie maybe when you're smarter you can help me." Of course he got in trouble for saying that, but I must admit it gave us a big laugh. Saturday, the day of his party, was my birthday. I was opening my gift from my sister and she gave me new lounge clothes. I was excited and I said yay now I want have to look.....without finishing the sentence Miles said "so ratty". Really, my four year old thinks I look ratty. I think I'm in trouble!! Miles is a character!

For my birthday I went to eat Mexican with two of my girlfriends with no kids. Thanks to my friend Becky's husband. He watched my two and her three that are under the age of four. All five of them are. Anyways, THANKS ROB!! This week we celebrate Gerald's birthday! It's a festive time for our family with three birthdays and Christmas!!
Miles is showing off his spiderman ring.



Miles opening his gifts. He was soooo excited!


Gavin was content doing his own thing during the party. Thanks to Maggie for watching him as he basically played and explored the park the whole time. Fairly oblivious to the whole party thing.

This is a picture of Miles saying the blessing at his party. I couldn't resist the picture.

Miles' friends at his party during lunch.

Spiderman is swinging at his party. When asked if he was spiderman he replies. No, I'm Miles. I'm just wearing the spiderman mask.

Miles and Jonathan are showing off their spiderman tattoos.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tammy, thanks for sharing. That's funny, Drew never says anything unkind! I don't know if you have seen our pictures from Birthday party yet. You can see them at www.robandbecky.com. Then click on pictures...
Rob

The Binder Mom said...

Love it! He's something else, huh?! Mason is really into Spiderman, too. His Mawmaw introduced him to Spiderman a few months ago by buying him a new pair of PJs. They even have a Spiderman net attached to them. Yeah, that's real important while you're asleep. Anyway, she must've been worried about how I was going to react to the whole thing, being that I'd introduced Mason to only Mickey Mouse and Handy Manny in his whole 3 years of life. So the first thing he said to me was, "He's a good guy, mom. He helps people." Kids. And Mawmaws!

The Malko's said...

Tammy I love your blog - I just discovered it today! You all are such a sweet family!

~Brooke