Saturday, January 26, 2008

Gavin's First Birthday Party

Gavin turned one about two weeks ago, but because of our busy schedule we held his party this weekend. First I have to say, I can't believe he is one. The year has gone quickly!!

What are Gavin's favorite things at one? Eating. He loves to eat. I believe he would eat all day long if I let him. He also will eat anything! Gavin loves cars and trucks. He loves to crawl around pushing the cars. It's neat that he likes cars and trucks so much because his middle name is Douglas after my dad. In so many ways he reminds me of my dad. My dad's job/hobby revolved around automobiles. Also, Gavin smiles all the time. When he smiles it lights up his face and eyes. My dad had this same quality. I believe it is the Lord's gift to me. I miss my dad so much, but when I look at Gavin I am reminded of him.

As you can see in the photos below Gavin had a lot of fun at his party.

Gavin loved playing with the balloons.



Gavin enjoyed opening his presents. Then again, who doesn't like gifts?


At first Gavin wasn't sure he liked his cake. I think the texture of the icing was a little weird to him.

Ultimately Gavin decided he liked his cake!

2 comments:

The Hartzog's said...

Oh what a cutie!! I can't believe he's one either!! I know ya'll had a great time with his party. I hate it we're too far away to be at our kids party's :( Who knows, maybe God will bless us with that again one day. Until then...we have blogging :)

the burchard bunch said...

Give that sweet boy a birthday hug from the Burchard bunch! I'm with you, I can't believe he's one either... wow - time flies!