Sunday, April 12, 2009

Soccer

We began a new adventure in the Malloy household. Soccer. We decided to sign Miles up to play soccer. I can't believe he's old enough to play organized sports!! He cried multiple times his first game because the kids were "kicking him". I started thinking that I had made a big mistake signing him up. By the second and third game he began to get the idea and he actually really went after the ball. Now, he's doing really well. He's enjoying playing and he's getting better at it. I must admit I'm a bit surprised. I'm also surprised at how much fun I'm having watching him! It's fun going through all the different stages with them and watching them grow. I've also surprised myself by yelling on the sidelines. I DO NOT YELL AT SPORITNG EVENTS! You wouldn't ever find me yelling or encouraging someone from the sidelines, but something about your child being out there has released the inner voice in me. I'm now a side line encourager. I think that sounds better than yelling. Who knew!



Miles throwing the ball in with his coach Rob.

His uniform is so big on him!

Miles in action.

No comments: