Saturday, September 13, 2008


Miles teacher from mom's day out described Miles as a 30 year old man in 3 year old body. I thought that summed him up pretty well. Miles likes things to be a certain way and he likes following the rules. Most of the time, this makes him an easy child to parent. Miles is also beginning to show his heart more and more. The other day I was showing Miles a magazine from world vision. One of my convictions, as a parent, is teach Miles compassion for people that are less fortunate. In a world that is full of materialism, that is not an easy task. Anyhow, I was explaining to him that the girl in the magazine did not have a house, clothes, or toys. It had all been destroyed in the earthquake. When I finished he said mommy can we give her something. We have so many moments in a day with our children that are spent giving direction or discipling. I have been trying to stop and take note of the work God is beginning in Miles heart and praying for it continue. One more story to share........Miles gets tickets for a reward system at home. The other day I was giving him a ticket and he said mommy I already have so many. Why don't you save that one for yourself. You're a good mommy. My sweet boy. He talks non-stop so sometimes we tend to block out all the talking or we're just overwhelmed by the constant chatter. I have discovered that his constant talking is where we receive some of our sweetest moments with him as well.




Although Gavin is smiling in this photo, do not be deceived. He was so fussy after the park at the restaurant I had to take my food to go. To his defense when we got home I realized he was funning a fever. I guess when he slept until almost ten that morning it should have been my first clue to stay at home.


They look like they're almost the same size in this photo!

1 comment:

GieGie said...

I really must agree with what Miles's MMO teacher said about him... he really is VERY mature for his age! It's so cool to watch him answer questions at the preschool because he's so eloquent and INTELLIGENT! You and Gerald are doing such a great job raising those little boys; that's plain to see.

As for Gavin, he is just a little DOLL! He's definitely one of my "favorites" in the preschool (if I'm allowed to have a fave!). I was surprised to read about his fussiness! lol. Seriously, though - I have never once seen that child fuss or cry!

Awesome family you all are! :)